1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I can mosey on over and see if you have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once you’re done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all.
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? Since 4 months, but so far I’ve only covered the G(ay) and B(isexual) part, not yet the L(esbian), T(ransexual) and Q(ueer) part. And to be honest, they don’t appeal to me either. M/M romances do!
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? I think it was Str8te Boys by Evangeline Anderson, a rather sweet story about two (straight) friends falling in love.
3. Are you ‘out’ as a reader? Uhm, not really. In RL only my hubby knows about my smutty books, but even to him I’m not yet out as a M/M reader. Online I’m out as both…
4. Ebooks, print or both? 99% ebooks and an occasional one in print. And the rare paperback I buy is new too… I don’t want to wonder about certain stains on the pages…
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers? Both.
6. Prove you’re a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? You really need proof I’m a Book Slut… ask my hubby or take a look at my credit card statements (that I tend to hide from him now and then). Oh, you need numbers? Uhm, last weekend I bought 19 books at once (and this is not a one time thing with me *blush*) In my post from November 28 I’ve listed all the books…
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? Definitely a cover hussy. That’s the first thing that draws me in and next I read an excerpt if there is one.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? For sure! All the great blogging reviewers out there make my TBB list longer and longer!
9. Who’s your fave publisher? Ellora’s Cave, Samhain and LooseID are the most frequent names on my credit card statements.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! I haven’t read many of the well known M/M authors but one of my favs is absolutely Shayla Kersten, another one is Samantha Kane (although she writes M/M/F romances).
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like? No dislikes, nope. Likes yeah, the friends become lovers theme or the straight become gay theme (or a combo of those two).
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I’m not talking about cocks. Oh, in that case short… or long… doesn’t really matter, as long as the story is well developed.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you? I’m quite a virgin when it comes to the smut. I recently learned that there’s a lot more to discover (check out Kris’ Firsts series at her blog) about fisting, twincests, piercings… I’m game though!
14. Finish this sentence. You know it’s m/m twu wuv when… *murmers, there’s that damn blog lingo again* I guess, when two hot guys can’t keep their hands and mouths from each other, and suffer from a little heartache when they are not together.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance? None so far, still loving it all!
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for an m/m/m who would they be? Kade McKay (Rough Riders series – the sweetest and sexiest cowboy evah) Noah (Deviations series – hot and sweetly submissive cop) and Dean Winchester (Supernatural - funniest and sexiest hunter) Oh wait… a character from a romance, not a tv show? Well than the third hottie should be Rich Taylor (A Helping Hand – hot and adorable deputy sheriff) *sigh, what a dream team, can I join?*
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now? *frantically browsing the ‘coming soon’ site pages* O Yeah, I actually was waiting for the release of Never Say Never by Jenna Byrnes (Book two in the Rose and Thorn Society Series) and … yay... it got released today!
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? That must have been A Helping Hand by Shayla Kersten, a great romance!
19. What do you think we’ll see more of in m/m romance in 2010? I’m not sure, but I’m afraid of the weresnakes (yep… the rattling kind) that seem to sneaking their way into romances. Let’s hope they skip the M/M romances!
20. Don’t you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? *murmer* This must be a trick question… Okay, I admit it… I’ve never read a Josh Lanyon story, yet. And I’m pretty sure Jake Riordan is not in the three books I bought from this author last weekend… But let me get back on that…
Pffw, those were 20 hard questions! I hope I didn’t completely make a clean breast of it. I’m actually still on my honeymoon when it comes to losing my M/M virginity, as you all know now!
Now, I have the honor to tag two people. Although it’s hard to tell if they already have been tagged before with this meme, I pick:
Mandi from Smexybooks and
Ms Moonlight from Moonlight to Twilight Blog.
Good luck, girls!