Are you a Trekkie for Manlove?
Trekkie: A devoted fan of the television series Star Trek....
Manlovkie: devoted fan of any and everything to do with m/m romance books.
If you've ever seen the documentary Trekkie (seriously, if you haven't go rent it - good times are ahead of you) you can see how 'involved' ubber fans of the show Star Trek are. And then I got to thinking....I'm kind of like a Trekkie. Instead of donning my Spock ears and flashing the Vulcan hand sign I devour male male romance books. My habit is now at least 3 books a week *bites nails* so...I'm more than just a fangirl of boys kissing boys; I'm kind of an addict. Or a Manlovkie? Other than the sensual aspect of two gorgeous guys having sexy time (hey, I'm a red blooded gal here), I really enjoy reading about relationships of gay men. Who knew? If I had to narrow down one reason why my Kindle has over 140 m/m books (ok, I lied more like 160) I think it boils down to this - excitement. It takes a lot to wow me these days and m/f contemporary romance just doesn't seem to be tickling my fancy the way a spiffy m/m romance book does.
I’ve taken the time to write this extremely serious, comprehensive questionnaire to find out if you are indeed a Manlovkie. If you answered yes to at least one, welcome my people blows kisses. If you’ve answered no, you are dead to me. I kid. I joke. Never take what I say seriously except for book recs.
Warning Signs You May Be A Manlovkie:
• You know and visit daily, the awesomeness that is Dreamspinner Press
• Instead of Barbie and Ken playing house, you role-play with Ken and maybe one of your GI Joe Figurines enacting scenes from Family Unit by ZA Maxfield.
• You are anticipating J.R. Ward's Qhuinn and Blay book so badly that sometimes you write out your own chapter 32 (Jeaniene Frost reference)
• You often clear your cookies and cache after visiting sites like Rainonroof and the naughty video site (the) Banana Blog <-- NSFW
• You know what Black Wade is
So....are you a Manlovkie?
Leave a comment on this and/or any other blog post between August 2nd and 20th for a chance to win one of the six Vacay Giveaway prizes.
A comment on one of the posts from August 2-20 gives you 1 entry for the contest, a comment on 2 of the posts 2 entries, a comment on 3 of the posts 3 entries, etc. So, the more frequent you return to show some luv to my guest bloggers the higher your chances to win one of the six prizes! :)
In the weekend of August 21st I’ll announce who the 6 winners are (selected with random.org); winner #1 can choose first, winner #2 second, winner #3 third, etc. from one of the six prizes. Don’t forget to check back then or leave a way for me to contact you in your comment or profile.
The prizes are, in random order:
• A $15 Gift Certificate from any online bookstore I can buy from
• An ecopy of Daughters of Persephone by Julia Rachel Barrett
• One of Mia Watts’ ebooks of choice. Check out her books here
• A book of choice from The BookDepository (of max $10 and only when they ship to your country... sorry)
• One of Bronwyn Green’s ebooks of choice. Check out her books here
• An ebook of choice from DreamSpinner Press
With thanks to DreamSpinner Press, Mia Watts, Bronwyn Green and Julia Rachel Barrett for sponsoring this Vacay Giveaway by donating their prizes!