Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Gay Friday & A cheery Winterlude


Still no news on the house! I'm starting to really dislike realtors.
Good thing that I had Tam's Winterlude to read, because when we hadn't heard back about our second bid at 7 pm, steam was coming from my ears by then *another long weekend of waiting for us*. And reading Winterlude made me forget about all that for a little while because it was such a fabulously funny and sweet read! I loved Eric and Omar's chemistry, in and out of bed. Both are likable guys and they make a hot couple. I'd love to read more about them, actually. Because this was way too short and I could use some more of Eric's humorous thoughts and his and Omar's easy, fun banter. But nevertheless a perfect, cheery read and a great (published) debut for Tam! :)
Torquere Press

Happy Gay Friday everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Great review, Janna! I enjoyed Winterlude a lot, too. Very nice chemistry between the guys. I'm with you -- I would love to see them come back in a longer work.

    Good luck with the house situation! I know what you mean about realtors. The entire process of buying / selling one's place to live has got to be one of the most nerve-wracking situations out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Val: I really hope Tam will give it a try, Val. :)
    Yeah, the house situation is unbelievably nerve-wracking. Funny thing is that I can't remember it being this bad when we bought this house a couple of years ago. Maybe because it was our first house and we didn't have to sell one first... I don't know. But please let this be over soon, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janna. You're sweet. Not sure they have much story left. Be happy, move to the suburbs, get a dog. :-)

    I can't believe you still don't have word on the house. Ugh. Hope you get some good news SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also enjoyed Tam's story. :)

    Ugh, nothing yet? Keeping my fingers crossed that you hear something real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gay Friday, Janna!

    Ugh, no house news yet? I hate waiting, and having to wait through a weekend is no fun at all. Hope you hear good news very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Tam's story, too, which you probably knew already, after linkity. ;)

    Grrrr about the realtor...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tam: My pleasure, Tam! :) Oh, I'm sure you can come up with some kind of conflict for them. ;) A few bumps in their road to happiness once they come out as a couple (an evil ex, a forced relocation for work, a nasty dog ;)).
    Thanks, I hope we get some good news soon too...

    @Lily: We're kind of counting on some disappointing news by now. But perhaps that's premature. ;)

    @Ava: Waiting is such a waste of time, isn't it? We found some distraction this weekend by visiting friends, but it's still hell, lol. :)

    @Chris: I knew. :) From linkity ánd from Goodreads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely review Janna! So sorry to hear the house stuff is dragging - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope things work out soon with the house! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...