Monday, February 28, 2011

Excitement, Excitement & Excitement


*bounces*
I’ve barely slept last night and I’m full of adrenaline, lol. Can you tell I’m excited? Why, you ask? Because last night I stayed up late to wait for registration for GayRomLit Retreat to open! It were some nerve-racking hours because we’d heard that only 300 peeps could sign in, including the authors who already registered. So, me and Leontine were biting our nails on Twitter, waiting together with some other girls for registration to open. And, yay, we all managed to sign in!
We’re going to New Orleans!!! I can’t wait to meet everyone!

~~~~~


And there’s more! Some of you may or may not remember that, a few months ago, I was thinking about a name change for the blog. Well, after letting it ripe for a while, I’ve decided to go for it! I even got my own domain registered, worked on a new header, created a new email addy and a new google account to match. I hope the transition will go smoothly (even though I know better than that). So, be prepared for some glitches and changes in the near future. :)
If everything will work out as I want it to, there’s no need to change URL, blog roll links, rss feeds, etcetera. But I’ll keep you posted about that.
Oh, yeah, you might want to know what the new blog name is… *oboy, this is scary, I hope you like it* It’s:

Rarely Dusty Books

I got inspired by the saying: ‘A dirty book is rarely dusty.’ And the domain/URL is http://www.rarelydustybooks.com/.

~~~~~


And last but not least, I also have some exciting news that’s not all about me, me, like the previous announcements. ;) Tomorrow, March 1st, it’s the Romance Reviews grand opening and they have over 200 prizes to celebrate this with. Here’s their announcement:

You’re invited!

From March 1 – 31, 2011
at http://www.theromancereviews.com/

It’s The Romance Reviews’ Grand Opening!
Play the games. Explore new books.
Chat with authors. Vote for Best Books of 2010.
Rack up your points!
CAN YOU UNLOCK THE PUZZLE?
Visit everyday to increase your chances to win awesome prizes!
Over 200 prizes waiting for you!

PRIZES

Weekly Prizes
$10 Gift Cards – 32 winners!
(8 winners each week)
Over 150 Book Giveaways in total
(paperback, hardback, ebook)

Major Prizes
Grand Prize: $100 Gift Card
2nd Prize: $70 Gift Card
3rd Prize: $50 Gift Card

For Authors
(based on results of book votes)
Grand Prize: $200 TRR Advertising Package
2nd Prize: $100 TRR Advertising Package
3rd Prize: $50 TRR Advertising Package

Happy Monday everyone!
~

16 comments:

  1. Yay!!! *dances around the room* You're coming to New Orleans!!! Glad you were able to register, I know you were nervous :)

    Very clever blog name, I'll be watching for your changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. So many of us got registered. It's going to be a blast. If I can find a big enough house. LOL Well, we can always crash at Patti's right? :-P

    I like the name, sounds fun and good luck with the switch over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll see you in New Orleans!!

    And that's a brilliant blog name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You've got lots to be excited about :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new name :D

    And yay for going to NO! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent news, Janna, and I love the name change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Patti: I'm dancing with you, Patti!! I'm so excited that I'm going to meet you and all the others! :D

    @Tam: It is going to be a blast!! I'm sure Patti will be welcoming us all to stay at her place, lol. I think I heard her mentioning her backyard. ;D

    @Chris: Yes! You're coming too! Yay! I missed you at Twitter last night so I wasn't sure yet. Yay again! :D

    @Sweets: I do indeed. :) Aren't you coming to New Orleans? :/

    @Blodeuedd: Thanks, hon! :)

    #Val: *smiling from ear to ear* Thanks, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new name - now I have to change it on my site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'I got inspired by the saying: ‘A dirty book is rarely dusty.’

    Very clever, Janna.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shucks, Janna! Of course I WANT to come to New Orleans... but wantin' and goin' just ain't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I already like the name change but *squeeeeeeeeeeeeee* we're going to New Orleans YAY *BIG GRIN*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see everyone in New Orleans. I'm really excited too!!

    Love the new name, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Julia: If you'll do that for me, that would be great! :)

    @Valance: Thanks, Mr V!

    @Sweets: Yeah that shucks big time, Miranda! :/

    @Leontine: Jippieeeee! :D

    @Lily: Me too! It's great that you'll also be there! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're all going to New Orleans? I will so be following any snippets of news closely! So need to win the lottery. If this year's con is a success, maybe next year?

    And love the new name, although I was wondering where I'd ended up initially!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to chime in so late, but I just wanted to stop by to say I love the new name for the blog, Janna. Great choice! And I hope you have a fantastic time at GayRomLit! I’m sure it’s going to be a blast. There are so many fab people going. I wish I was able to go this year so I could meet everyone.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey orannia and Sloan,
    Sorry I'm late with my reply but thanks for the support. I'm glad you like the new blog name.
    I'm a little bit sad that you both won't be at GayRomLit. It would've been so great to meet you too! But, yeah, maybe next year. :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...