Monday, July 8, 2013

5 Contemporary Romances (M/F) That Recently Caught My Eye

I’ve been shuffling my reading genres more this year than I have been the last couple of years (when I mainly stuck to gay romance only). Now, I’m reading more literary fiction again – my old love, but I won’t bore you with those titles on this blog ;) – and also more romantic suspense, military romance and contemporary romance of the M/F variety. The past week a few of those types of titles popped up in my Goodreads and Twitter timelines, or jumped me in the face while browsing Netgalley’s catalogues. I thought I’d share 5 of them here, 5 titles that are all released in the first half of July.


First there’s this first installment of a new, promising series by Rebecca Zanetti, which has the hottest cover of all. It’s also been reviewed quite well over at Goodreads, and I can’t help it but I’m a sucker for amnesia plotlines:


Forgotten Sins (Sins Brothers #1)
by Rebecca Zanetti

His Secrets Can Destroy Her
From the moment Josie laid eyes on sexy, mysterious Shane Dean, she was in love. Their desire ignited a passionate affair, and within weeks, Shane had slipped a ring on her finger. It seemed her every fantasy was coming true . . . until her new husband disappeared without a trace. Now, two years and one broken heart later, Josie is shocked by the...more



Than there’s another fresh new series’ first book, by an author I’ve come across recently and who writes the most thrilling, action packed military romances ever. This new series sounds very good:


by Kaylea Cross

When her father is murdered by a Taliban cell in the tribal regions of Pakistan, Khalia Patterson reluctantly steps into his shoes to carry on the legacy of Fair Start Foundation, a non-profit group dedicated to furthering the education of girls. There she meets Hunter Phillips, the ex-SEAL and head of her Titanium security team, and quickly learns that coming to Pakistan...more


Another author I love comes with a new installment – #9 – in her Out of Uniform series. I’ve followed this series since the first book came out and with every new story Kennedy manages to keep them sexy and engaging:


Hotter Than Ever (Out of Uniform #9)
by Elle Kennedy

When you land in hot water, swim for safety—or let the fire burn.
Claire McKinley has just experienced every bride’s nightmare. The groom is a no-show, and now she must face five hundred guests alone. Furious and humiliated, Claire seeks help from the most unlikely candidate—her almost-brother-in-law, who promptly whisks her away to his apartment in...more



The fourth title is from a new to me author but this drew my attention because of the topic of baseball. I’ve always liked this type of setting but ever since I’ve been to a live baseball match last May while I was visiting the US, I love reading romances about baseball players even more:


The Winning Season
by Alison Packard

Kelly Maxwell has finally landed her dream job as publicist for the San Francisco Blaze. But the team's newest member, handsome bad boy catcher Matt Scanlon, is refusing every interview. She's got to get him to open up before the season ends, or she may not be back next year. And after everything she overcame to achieve her dream, Kelly's not about to let that happen. Matt...more


And last but not least, a contemporary by Ruthie Knox. I’ve seen this author mentioned on Twitter many times before and I meant to read one of her books for some time now. And when I saw Mandi @smexybooks tweet about this novella I requested it on Netgalley instantly. The length and Mandi’s high praise appealed to me, as well as the blurb. I love reading about established couples:


Making It Last (Camelot #4)
by Ruthie Knox

RITA finalist Ruthie Knox returns with a brand-new eBook original novella, the finale of her delightfully sexy Camelot series!
A hotel bar. A sexy stranger. A night of passion. There’s a part of Amber Mazzara that wants those things, wants to have a moment — just one — where life isn’t a complicated tangle of house and husband and kids and careers. Then, after a long, exhau...more



All of these titles are on my ereader by now, except for the first one, which appears to be a geo-restricted title and the paper version won’t be out until January 2014. However, the other four titles should keep me busy this month. Let’s hope for lots of sun and reading time in the park! :)
~



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Oh some good ones on your list. All have very nice covers too. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sure have non nom covers. They sound good too! Maybe I'll give them a try! It's good to shuffle your reading every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Mixing things up has done miracles for my reading pleasure. :)

      Delete
  3. Forgotten Sins sounds amzing. i want! But it's GEO restricted...bummer :(

    I'm reading Elaine Levine's Edge Of Courage, it's got me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, doesn't it? It's actually available now on Allromance ebooks, so luckily for us the GEO restriction was only temporary. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...